We're not sure there's any better way to enjoy a cup of coffee than with a lovely view of happy birds filling up on breakfast. With this easy DIY, your chickadees, cardinals and sparrows get a snack and you get to decorate your trees with a colorful wreath. Win-win!
Advertisement - Continue Reading Below
- Large bowl ($11 for set of 3, amazon.com)
- Whisk ($7 for set of 2, amazon.com)
- Measuring spoons ($5 for set of 6, amazon.com)
- Dry measuring cups ($6 for set of 4, amazon.com)
- Wooden spoon ($6 for set of 3, amazon.com)
- 9" bundt pan ($10, amazon.com)
- 2 packets gelatin ($9 for set of 4, amazon.com)
- 1 c. warm water
- 6 tbsp. light corn syrup ($8 for 16-oz bottle, amazon.com)
- 1 1/2 cups flour ($3 for 5-lb bag, amazon.com)
- 8 c. birdseed ($20 for 16-lb bag, amazon.com)
- Fresh or frozen cranberries
- Cooking spray ($2, amazon.com)
- Ribbon ($8 for 10 yards, amazon.com)
- Scissors ($3, amazon.com)
1. Mix 2 packets of unflavored gelatin with 1 cup of warm water.
2. Add in 6 tbsp of light corn syrup and 1 1/2 cups of flour. Mix until smooth.
3. Slowly add 8 cups of birdseed, stirring as you go. Heads up: It might take a while to get all the bird seed coated — keep at it!
4. Lightly coat the inside of the bundt pan with cooking spray.
5. Add a few fresh or frozen cranberries to the pan.
6. Spoon the birdseed mixture into the bundt pan, pressing down firmly.
7. Let the wreath dry for 24 hours.
8. Carefully remove the wreath from the bundt pan and loop ribbon through to hang it up.
Pin it for later!